Watch and Learn Why You Should Use Fluoride Toothpaste and Brush Your Tongue!
Watch Brittni, our GCCD Expanded Functions Dental Assistant, explain why you should use fluoride toothpaste and always brush your tongue during our first 2 Tips Tuesday video.
Tip 1: Why You Should Use Fluoride Toothpaste
Do you ever wonder what type of toothpaste to use? When it comes to toothpaste, there are more important elements than choosing whitening, or flavor. Any type that you use, you should always make sure that you use Fluoride. Fluoride is the leading defense against tooth decay. It provides a protective barrier that fights against tooth decay and germs.
Tip 2: Why You Should Brush Your Tongue
For my second tip, never neglect your tongue! Just like your teeth can build plaque, so can your tongue. That can lead to bad breath and other oral health issues. So any time you’re brushing your teeth, make sure you’re brushing your tongue! Happy smiles!
How to Clean Your Tongue
There are two ways to effectively clean your tongue.
- Just like you brush your teeth, use a small amount of toothpaste on your toothbrush. Then, move front and back over your tongue.
- You’ll know you’re finished brushing your tongue when any discolored particles are gone and your tongue is a healthy shade of pink.
- You should brush your tongue every day, just like your teeth and gums. Add brushing your tongue to your twice-daily dental care routine.
- You can also use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue. Your tongue is sensitive, so remember to be gentle.
- Place the tongue scraper at the back of your tongue and move it forward toward the opening of your mouth.
- Rinse your mouth (with fluoridated water) to remove any remaining debris.
Learn More and Contact Us
Read our blog to learn more about the difference between dental floss and a water pick. Then, contact us by calling 614-875-3141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.