Our Grove City Center for Dentistry Efforts to Support Ukraine.
Irina, our GCCD team member, and her family are from Ukraine. She came to the United States in 2010 to start a new life and joined our team in 2020.
On February 24, 2022, Russia invaded Ukraine, marking a defined escalation of the Russo-Ukraine War which began in 2014. Fortunately, many of Irina’s and her husband’s family members were able to escape Ukraine, but some of her closest relatives and friends are still there.
As part of our efforts to always support our GCCD family members, our team got together to figure out how we could best support Ukraine on Irina’s behalf. Irina is affiliated with Grace Evangelical Church in Galloway, OH, which has been leading a nationwide humanitarian and monetary effort to collect and ship much-needed medical supplies to Ukrainian churches, orphanages, refugee shelters, and charity organizations. After speaking with church representative Jerry Leskiv, we contacted, Pat Moore, our Benco Territory Sales Representative, and great GCCD friend, about ordering some of the most needed supplies for the Ukraine effort.
Not only did Pat agree to give us a 30% discount on all items we ordered, but he committed to contributing $1,000 of his own personal funds towards the effort.
Our Ukraine Donation
With our $2,000 Grove City Center for Dentistry donation and Pat Moore’s personal $1,000 donation, we were able to purchase the following items:
- 14,000 white cotton 4″ x 4″ gauze sponges
- 4,000 non-woven non-sterile 4-ply 4″ x 4″ sponges
- 2,000 packs of Acetaminophen
- 500 Ace latex-free tourniquets
- 60 boxes of clear Transpore tape
- 10 Berrcom no-contact infrared thermometers
- 6 fingertip pulse oximeters
- 5 bottles of chewable Aspirin tabs at 36 per bottle
- 1 70-tab bottle of Acyclovir (800 mg)
Additionally, we were able to donate over $1,600 in in-kind medical supplies from our own dental inventory. These supplies included 16 cases of lab coats, IV catheters, tourniquets, IV extensions, cotton balls, bandaids, sterile gloves and other items.
How You Can Help
Please consider helping to support all efforts to help those in need in Ukraine. Any contribution, small or large, makes a difference.
Dentist and Doctors
Donate any surplus supplies you have on hand.
- During the COVID pandemic, many of dental and medical practices stocked up on medical supplies. Check your storage closets and consider donating any items you no longer need.
- Drop off your supplies to Grace Evangelical Church, 3223 Norton Road, Grove City, OH 43123.
- Order through your medical supply rep.
Purchase supplies through your medical supply rep and direct ship.
Sometimes, this is the easiest way to contribute. Like Pat Moore, your rep can order supplies for you and ship them directly to the location of your choice.
We recommend coordinating the shipment through:
- Jerry Leskiv
- Grace Evangelical Church – CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW THE LIST OF NEEDED MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Jerry has been actively coordinating a significant effort to regularly ship and distribute supplies to the Ukraine front lines.
For the General public:
- Please visit this Grace Evangelical Church web page to find the latest list of needed medical items you can donate to the Ukraine mission. There are options to donate items or money.
- Contribute through the American Red Cross.
- Read this article in The Columbus Dispatch for other ways to donate.