How long does Invisalign® take?
Invisalign® treatment allows you to get straight teeth through removable aligners rather than traditional braces. More than 12 million people have invested in Invisalign treatment – whether it be comprehensive or express. While the average treatment timeline for most Invisalign patients is around 12 to 18 months, most people notice movement within the first few weeks of wearing their Invisalign clear aligners.
How long your Invisalign treatment takes depends on several factors and the type of Invisalign treatment you receive. For example, if a patient had braces previously and has experienced a slight movement of their teeth over time, treatment could be completed in about six months with Invisalign Express treatment. More extensive corrections would require a longer treatment plan that includes more aligners. Ultimately, every person’s needs and oral health situation is unique, so it’s important you consult with Dr. Lowe or Dr. Simone to determine the best Invisalign treatment program for you.
Factors that influence Invisalign Treatment Time
The severity of a patient’s crowding, spacing and bite concerns will have an impact on how long Invisalign treatment takes. If you have significant teeth crowding, or if your teeth will need to move a large distance due to spacing, the longer the treatment will take.
Invisalign is developed to work regardless of a person’s age, but your age may determine how quickly Invisalign treatment works. Invisalign has seen the most positive results in teenage and adult patients. Teenagers see faster results with Invisalign because their bodies are still growing. This means that the teeth move more easily and quickly.
One of the biggest factors that influence Invisalign treatment time is patient compliance. Failing to wear your Invisalign clear aligners as prescribed will result in longer or delayed treatment, even if you only need minor treatment. You will need to wear your clear aligner trays for no less than 22 hours per day, every day. Because they are removable, it’s easy to take your aligners out to eat, drink and brush your teeth.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is a great option if you want to straighten your teeth and do not want to wear traditional braces.
- Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces as they are custom-made for your teeth. Each aligner is custom-trimmed to your gum line for optimal comfort and appearance.
- They are made to take out when you eat, drink, brush and floss your teeth, making it easier to maintain your good dental hygiene habits.
- There are no emergency visits for broken wires.
- The aligners are clear, so friends and family may not even notice that you are wearing Invisalign.