Many people are searching for ways to prevent Coronavirus COVID-19 in their homes. As the number of people being diagnosed with COVID-19 continues to rise, the priority must be focused on social distancing and doing all that we can to keep our families safe and healthy.
First and foremost, PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING! While this may seem like an inconvenience in today’s world of immediacy, self quarantining is the only way to slow and stop this pandemic! Social distancing will change our behavior and actions and hopefully will bring out the best in all of us.
Here are 5 tips from the Centers for Disease Control that you can do to prevent the Coronavirus in your home and for your family.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using regular household detergent and water. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the American Chemistry Council have provided a list of effective cleaning products effective in killing and preventing COVID-19: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fighting Productspdf iconexternal icon.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
Read our blog: What is a dental emergency.
And, as always, please call our office at 614-875-3141 with any questions or concerns you may have.